This page sets out how Greater Birmingham and Solihull Local Enterprise Partnership uses and protects any personal data that is provided to us.
We recognise that your personal data is important and that we hold this information on trust for you. As such, we are committed to ensuring that this information is protected. We take seriously our responsibilities to ensure that any personal information we collect and use is done so proportionately, correctly and safely, and have implemented systems, procedures and policies designed to meet this obligation.
We are registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner as a Data Controller, and adhere to the Data Protection Act 1998. For further information on the Data Protection Act 1998, please visit the Information Commissioner’s website, www.ico.org.uk
This policy may change from time to time to reflect change in the law and/or how we operate. This version of the policy has taken effect from 1 April 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title;
• contact information including email address;
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
• other information relevant to the services we provide or may provide;
• equality data (to be used to measure whether we are complying with our obligations under equalities legislation) and to ensure that we can tailor our services to meet your requirements;
• Service delivery information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve our products and services.
• To Audit and measure the effectiveness of the services we provide.
• We may periodically send promotional emails and/or correspondence about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details which you have provided,.
• We may share your contact details with third parties :-
• for the provision of services to allow them to contact you; and/or
• to allow them to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the details which you have provided,
where you have expressly consented to this.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you believe that we have allowed the unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal data, please contact us immediately.
You are legally entitled to request access to any personal data held by us about yourself. Again, we will seek to comply with your request but there may be some situations where it will not be able to do this in full, e.g. where information held was given in confidence. There is an administration fee of £10 levied in respect of processing any such request. To make such a request, please contact us using our details as set out below.
In addition, you also have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request but there may be some situations where it will not be able to do this, e.g. where we are required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement. We may however, retain such information for the purposes of ensuring that we comply with the law.
Whilst we try to ensure that any personal data we holds about you is correct, there may be situations where the information we hold is either no longer accurate, or has been recorded incorrectly. If this is the case, please contact us so that any errors can be investigated and where appropriate, be corrected.
We will not use your personal data for third party marketing purposes without your prior express consent, nor will we pass on your personal data to third parties unless:
a) we are permitted under the Data Protection Act 1998; or
b) you have given us your express permission to do so.
We may contact you to provide you with information about related services provided by us, if you have opted into receiving such communications. If you do not wish to continue to receive such information, please let us know so we can update our records.
Likewise, if you have given us permission to share your contact details with third parties, and subsequently have changed your mind, please let us know.
Links to other websites
our website may contain links to other websites of interest; or
where you have consented to allow us to provide your details to third parties;
we do not have any control over that other website or third party. This means that we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites or provide to these third parties.
These sites and/or third parties are not governed by this privacy statement. As such, you should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website or third party in question.
We are also unable to accept any responsibility for the reliability or the content of any linked external websites. Please note that just because a website is linked to our website, it is not an endorsement of either the website, the organisation owning the website or the services offered on that website.
Mail: Greater Birmingham And Solihul Local Enterprise Partnership
Tel: +44(0)121 303 4369