Funding, Other Business Support, Grant Funding
All, Creative, Digital & Technology, Social Enterprise, Life Sciences, Health and Social Care, Manufacturing, Energy Technologies, Mentoring
Bromsgrove, Redditch, Wyre Forest
Is your business ready to take off?
The Investing in Growth Programme will provide a bespoke support package for Worcestershire businesses to ensure they are investment ready in order that they may access local, regional and national funding programmes to reach their growth potential. The programme is supported with funding from the European Regional Development Fund, County and District Councils and will include a grant programme of up to £50k to assist businesses expansion.
Investment Readiness Support
SMEs accessing the business Support will be those at the point of significant expansion but in need of appropriate funding advice to achieve it. Baldwins Accountants have been appointed by Worcestershire County Council to deliver specialist investment readiness support to programme clients. A typical assist will be a minimum of 18 hours and may involve 1-to-1 support in the following areas:
A Comprehensive review of the business to identify growth aspirations, investment requirements, opportunities and the barriers to growth.
Investment plan – feedback and development of a bespoke investment and growth plan to address core issues.
Delivery of investment solutions – Specialist support to implement the action plan to address the key growth/business opportunities eg
- in-depth financial analysis of the organisation, including financial modelling and sensitivity analysis, to identify financing requirements,
- advice on the best financial structures and types/costs of funding for taking the business forward,
- prepare investment proposals,
- help collate organisational data for due diligence purposes,
- support to approach relevant potential investors,
- support with writing grant applications and accessing external finance.
- Seminar, workshop and networking programme.
SME Business Growth Grants
The Business Growth Grant is a revenue and capital grant programme offering grants from a minimum of £20k to a maximum of £50k. The intervention rate will be 45% with 55% provided by the SME. The types of activity the grant programme will support are:
- physical expansion, building works, fixtures and fittings,
- capital equipment, machinery, electrical appliances,
- website construction, logo design, software,
- support for research and development to strengthen market position
- relocation costs
To qualify your business must:
- Be located in Worcestershire or looking to locate in the county
- Be an SME (have fewer than 250 employees, turnover less than the equivalent of 50 million euros, a balance sheet of less than 43 million euros)
- Meet the De Minimis State Aid Criteria
- Have been trading for more than 12 months
- Be trading "Business to Business” rather than "Business to Consumer”
- Have the potential to expand and grow your business
- Full European Regional Development Funding (ERDF) eligibility criteria apply